WORKSHOPS 2020 CALENDAR
- Thursday 19th Bouquet Making - 6pm-8pm
- Thursday 26th Floral Crown - 6pm-8pm
- Saturday 28th Bouquet Making 10am-12pm
- Saturday 28th Kokedama 1pm-3pm
- Saturday 4th Bouquet Making 10am-12pm
- Monday 6th Wedding Flowers 6pm-8pm
- Saturday 2nd Bouquet Making 10am-12pm
- Thursday 28th Kokedama 6pm-8pm
- Saturday 17th Dried Flower Arranging 10am-11:30pm
- Saturday 17th Flower crown 12:30pm-2pm
- Thursday 22nd Dried Flower arranging 6pm-7:30pm
- Saturday 24th Bouquet Making 10am-11:30pm
- Saturday 24th Dried Flower Arranging 12:30pm-2:00pm
- Thursday 12th Bouquet Making 6pm-7:30pm
- Saturday 14th Bouquet Making 10am-11:30pm
- Saturday 14th Kokedama Making 12:30pm-2:00pm
- Tuesday 24th Kokedama Making 6pm-7:30pm
- Thursday 26th Bridal and Wedding Flowers 6pm-8pm
- Saturday 28th Xmas wreath ( fresh ) 9:00am-10:30pm
- Saturday 28th Xmas wreath ( dried ) 11:30pm-1:00pm
- Sunday 29th Xmas wreath ( fresh ) 10:00am-11:30am
- Thursday 3rd Xmas wreath ( fresh ) 6pm-7:30pm
- Thursday 10th Xmas wreath ( Dried ) 6pm-7:30pm
- Saturday 12th Xmas wreath ( Dried )10am-11:30pm
- Saturday 19th Xmas wreath ( fresh )10am-11:30pm
- Saturday 19th Xmas wreath ( Dried )12:30pm-2:00pm
- Sunday 20th Xmas wreath ( fresh )10am-11:30pm
Please join us at Flower Empire for an afternoon of flower arranging at our shop in the Lower Blue Mountains. you will learn techniques on how to choose, condition, and arrange flowers. Basic design and colour theory will also be covered. Classes will take place each month and will be inspired by a seasonal story. Workshops run for 2 hours, expert tuition, caters for all skill levels, flowers, tools and all materials, provided. Take home your own beautiful creation. Complimentary glass of sparkling wine served on arrival.
LOCATION: Flower Empire 12a Ross Street Glenbrook 2773 NSW
COST : Workshops start at $150. Book your own private party of 6 people and get the 7th guest for free, contact us for details. Book in for that special occasion, Birthday's, Bridal shower, Bridal Shower or Christmas party
PRIVATE WORKSHOPS & PARTIES : Private groups at Flower Empire (Maximum 7 people due to COVID restrictions). Book your own private party of 6 people and get the 7th guest for free. Flower Empire can travel to you for your private workshop or party at a small travel cost depending on post code. Numbers of guests vary depending on venue.
FLORISTRY TOOL KITS - For all budding florists who complete a workshop here at Flower Empire and decide they would like their very own floristry tool kit home. We offer a discount to our workshop customers. Usually $75 but are reduced to $65 for our students. Tools kits include: Floristry scissors, twine, wire, parafilm, rose strippers, presented in a beautiful handmade floral tool bag made here at Flower Empire.
BOOKINGS & PAYMENT - To secure a place at the workshop go to our online store to book here on the website https://www.flowerempire.com.au/collections/workshops or email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
DRIED FLOWER ARRANGING 1.5 hours, $225
Learn how to arrange your own bespoke dried flower arrangement into a ceramic vase. All flowers are lovingly dried here at flower empire or specially preserved off site. You will be given all the tools to create a boho-inspired dried and preserved flowers and foliage. Learn how to play with textures and create your own long-lasting flower arrangement. Your experienced instructor will teach you how to combine the different elements and colours so you can get creatively hands-on and explore your own personal style.You will have a beautiful dried floral arrangement to take home or gift to that special someone after the workshop.
This class is also available for private bookings, special events or occasions.
FLORAL CROWN - 1.5 hours, $150
Learn the art of binding flowers to create a wonderful kaleidoscope of florals to be worn as a floral crown. Worn for that special occasion, weddings, baby showers. Working from basic techniques to more advanced wiring.
BOUQUET MAKING- 1.5 hours, $185
Bouquets are both beautiful in the home as well as for someones special day. This workshop shows you the skills of creating a hand tied bouquet, using the spiralling method. The spiralled bouquet is finished with beautiful ribbon, and is essential practice for anyone interested in floristry, for both home styling or wedding design.
KOKEDAMA MOSS BALLS - 1.5 hours, $165
Learn how to build a Kokedama, literally translated “moss ball,” has its origins in Japan and is akin to the art of bonsai or the Chinese practice of penjing. With this technique you will learn how to craft and sculpt the plant’s root mass into the shape of a sphere, covering the roots with soil and moss winding nylon wire or twine around the mossy base to secure the plant. Once wrapped, the plant is displayed in a small accent dish or suspended from its twine. The Kokedama is a beautiful addition to that sunny window or special room in your home or as a special gift for a friend or family member.
Kokedama moss balls
BRIDAL & WEDDING FLOWERS - 2 hours, $255
Learn how to make a range of floral items needed for weddings. This workshop is ideal for giving you the skills to create flowers for your friend or family members wedding, or to just learn some more advanced techniques such as wiring. Spiralling techniques will also be taught that are the foundation of all bouquet making methods. Button holes and corsages will be demonstrated. We will also be teaching finishing techniques also.
CHRISTMAS WREATHS - Offered in December
Duration: 1.5 hours, $175
Learn how to make a seasonal wreath, basing with pine and featuring succulents, sea holy, berries and Ribbon details. The perfect welcoming touch to your home for the festive season.
* Private classes for groups or parties are welcomed, by request.
* Floristry tool kits also available.
COVID and keeping you safe
Due to COVID we are mindful of you safely and have limited our numbers at the workshops to 7 people. We will be practicing Social distancing and hygiene and at all times. If you are unwell or have recently returned from overseas we would ask you not to attend the workshop and we can offer you a credit or book you in at a later date. Thank you for your understanding The Flower Empire Team.